When deciding whether or not you want a facelift in Fort Lauderdale, there are many elements and decisions that go into this choice. First and foremost, it’s important to know what’s involved in a facelift. What does it mean? How does it work? Where does one go to have a facelift? What are the benefits of such a procedure? In this article, the experts at Take Shape Plastic Surgery are here to walk you through the benefits of a facelift, and how it can be beneficial for years to come!
Keep reading to learn more.
What is a Facelift in Fort Lauderdale?
First thing’s first, and that’s understanding what a facelift is. A facelift is otherwise known as a rhytidectomy, which is a cosmetic procedure where facial skin is removed. The reason for a facelift is often because of wanting anti-aging visual effects or reducing fine lines and wrinkles. As we get older, we naturally lose collagen in the skin. This loss of collagen leads to sagging skin. Over time, this procedure gained plenty of popularity and is still one of the top anti-aging treatments available today. The ideal candidates are men and women who are healthy, and who are looking to remove their wrinkles and fine lines.
Top 5 Benefits of a Facelift
- The first benefit of a facelift is that it can reverse the effects of aging. When people are looking to look younger, they have many options to choose from. Yet, far are more beneficial than a facelift. The reason being is that it physically takes the extra skin away from the facial region so that the individual can enjoy firm, plump, and less wrinkly skin.
- The second benefit of a facelift is that the trimming and tucking of the skin lead to a sharper jawline and neck. This is sometimes referred to as sculpting, because of the way the beautiful features of the face naturally show through when the skin is pressed firmly against the face.
- The third benefit is that is can increase confidence. If you’re someone who has felt that they’ve prematurely aged, then you’ll want to minimize the effects of this aging as soon and as effectively as possible. Instead of feeling self-conscious about their facial region, they can feel empowered, confident, and ready to put their best foot forward in the world. It’s very important that we feel good about the skin and the body that we’re in.
- The fourth benefit is that a facelift can last for up to ten years! Most procedures are long-term solutions, but few are as long-term as a facelift. Because this procedure can be an investment, it’s a draw when patients realize just how long their investment will last. Not only will you have more self-confidence for the short-term, but you’ll be able to make these changes with you for years to come.
- The fifth benefit is that the downtime is not as significant as one might believe. The recovery of a facelift has significantly improved, leaving it less invasive, and less uncomfortable post-procedure. Knowing that the recovery process isn’t as painful as one would imagine gives patients a sense of ease.
If you’re looking for a location to help you with your facelift in Fort Lauderdale, you’re in the right place. At Take Shape Plastic Surgery, we pride ourselves on being a top choice for plastic surgeons in the area. Not only do we take our work very seriously, but we also have an eye for detail and craftsmanship. The other thing that makes our team special is that we treat all of our patients with respect and compassion. We know that these procedures can be scary, especially if one doesn’t know what to expect. Yet, we’ve also seen time and time again where our patients are thrilled with the post results. If a facelift is what’s on your heart’s desires, don’t hesitate to reach out for a consultation. Call our team today at 954-324-2329, or visit our website at www.takeshape.info. We look forward to helping you look and feel your best!