Breast Augmentation Procedure
Breast augmentation is one of the most common procedures offered by the doctors of Take Shape Plastic Surgery. There are many reasons why a women would choose to enhance their breasts and the results are overwhelmingly positive. A new sense of self-worth and confidence comes with being happy in your own skin and breast augmentation provides just that. A breast augmentation in Fort Lauderdale performed by the professionals at Take Shape Plastic Surgery is a very safe procedure which can offer someone a noticeable boost in self-esteem. Many understand the basics of a breast augmentation, but speaking with a professional surgeon at a plastic surgery center can help you understand more about how breast augmentation works and why so many women choose to have it done. There are multiple size and material options so before you have the surgery, it’s important to schedule a consultation with the physicians at Take Shape Plastic Surgery.
Breast augmentation in Fort Lauderdale is a big decision for anyone and the professionals at Take Shape are ready to help you with the process. A breast augmentation can do more than just enhance the size of your breasts, it can also help with achieving a more desirable shape and symmetry. Many choose a breast augmentation following a mastectomy to treat or remove breast cancer. Still others are simply unhappy with the size of their breasts and would like to do something about it. There are many reasons to choose a breast augmentation in Fort Lauderdale, but whatever your reason, consulting with the physicians at Take Shape Plastic Surgery. The size, shape and type of implant you receive depends on a number of different factors determined during your consultation.
If You're Considering Breast Augmentation...
Breast augmentation, technically known as augmentation mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure to enhance the size and shape of a woman's breast for a number of reasons:
- To enhance the body contour of a woman who, for personal reasons, feels her breast size is too small.
- To restore breast volume lost due to weight loss or following pregnancy
- To achieve better symmetry when breasts are moderately disproportionate in size and shape
- To improve the shape of breasts that are sagging or have lost firmness, often used with a breast lift procedure
- To provide the foundation of a breast contour when a breast has been removed or disfigured by surgery to treat breast cancer
- To improve breast appearance or create the appearance of a breast that is missing or disfigured due to trauma, heredity, or congenital abnormalities
Inframammary (breast crease) Incision
Transaxillary (underarm) Incision
Breast implants can be placed above or beneath the pectoral muscle.
The results of breast augmentation surgery are immediately visible. Over time, post-surgical swelling will resolve and incision lines will gradually fade.
By inserting an implant behind each breast, surgeons are able to increase a woman's bust line by one or more bra cup sizes. If you're considering breast augmentation, this will give you a basic understanding of the procedure--when it can help, how it's performed, and what results you can expect. It can't answer all of your questions, since a lot depends on your individual circumstances. Please ask your surgeon if there is anything you don't understand about the procedure.
- Texture: the implant shell may be smooth or textured
- Shape: the implant may have a round profile or one that is anatomic (teardrop or tapered shape)
- Profile: the implant may have a low, medium or high projection (the depth of the implant from the base to the highest point of the implant curve)
- Diameter: the width of the implant measured across it's base (the side of the implant that will be positioned over the chest wall)
- If a saline-filled implant breaks, the implant will deflate in a few hours and the salt water will be absorbed and naturally expelled by the body.
- If a silicone-gel filled implant leak or break, the elastic silicone gel may remain within the implant shell, or may escape into the breast implant pocket (a capsule of tissue that surrounds the implant). A leaking implant filled with silicone gel may not deflate and may not be noticeable except through imaging techniques such as an MRI. For this reason, a woman with silicone breast implants is advised to visit her plastic surgeon annually to assess that her implants are functioning well. An ultrasound exam or MRI screening can assess the condition of breast implants; after 3 years it is recommended that all silicone implants be properly screened.
There is always some risk and uncertainty associated with surgery, but when you choose a plastic surgeon with experience and a track record of successful augmentation procedures, you are minimizing the risks considerably. The surgeons at Take Shape Plastic Surgery are some of the most knowledgeable in South Florida and are dedicated to providing patients with a wonderful experience every time. Those looking into a breast augmentation in Fort Lauderdale should consider a consultation. Call (954) 585-3800 to schedule your consultation today!
The average payment for these surgeries may vary, it can range from $3,000 to $18,000. Please contact our Surgical Director to inquire about these fees 954-585-3800.