The holiday season is almost here in South Florida, which may mean South Floridians are in store for slightly cooler weather. While this change is welcome after months of oppressive heat, you know it won’t last long. You rarely need to wear boots, hats and a scarf for any length of time. South Florida still experiences warmer temperatures even in the winter months. Perhaps that’s why so many people flock to South Florida from up North during the winter months. Wearing shorts and dresses where arms and legs are exposed is the norm. If you aren’t someone who likes to shave every day, then embarrassing hair or stubble can be annoying. If you’re on the fence about laser hair removal in Fort Lauderdale, then here four good reasons why you should consider it:
- Laser hair removal is a common cosmetic procedure ideal for both men and women that require just a few sessions to achieve great results with minimal downtime.
- Most find that it is far less painful than salon waxing.
- More cost-effective than buying disposable razors or messy depilatory creams.
- You’ll enjoy the benefits of being hair-free for many years to come.
What is the Laser Hair Removal Procedure?
In the laser hair removal procedure, a laser beams tiny pulses of light targeting the hair follicle’s melanin (pigment) in its active growing phase. The laser’s energy is absorbed by the hair follicle, which destroys the hair, causing it to fall out and minimize further growth. Patients describe the laser’s feel as a small pinch, but your practitioner will typically apply a numbing cream beforehand to reduce discomfort.
What You Should Know About Laser Hair Removal
- Not everyone is a candidate for laser hair removal. Your practitioner will perform a patch test to see if you are a good candidate.
- For most patients, it generally takes about three to seven sessions to see results from the laser hair removal procedure and acquire the smooth and supple result you want.
- The length of treatment time varies, but it’s usually around 20 minutes to an hour, depending on the specific area (s) being treated.
- Laser hair removal also boasts benefits that include a reduced tendency to get ingrown hairs and less irritation of the skin.
- Laser hair removal lasts up to two years, with maintenance treatments advised after that.
- The laser will be adjusted to the color, thickness, and location of the hair being treated.
How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal
- Make sure to limit tweezing, waxing, and electrolysis for six weeks before treatment. That’s because the laser targets the hairs’ root, which can be removed by waxing or tweezing.
- You must stay out of the sun for at least four to six weeks before and after the treatment. The laser does not work on sunburned skin.
Ready to Get Started?
If you’re ready to try Laser Hair Removal, contact Take Shape Plastic Surgery Today. Our team of skilled medical professionals will be happy to clear up any concerns and answer any questions. Call us today at (954) 585-3800 to discover more about laser hair removal treatment in our Fort Lauderdale medical spa or any of our non-surgical or cosmetic surgery procedures.